White Water Rafting and Kayaking
16 Results Found
Wild White Water Rafing UK!
There are numerous locations to enjoy this thrilling sport in the UK, and dependent on where you choose, you will face natural or purpose built rapids. Both are just as demanding!
On the other hand, if you fancy paddling across the water in a less exhilarating way and doing a bit of exploring, try kayaking. Less demanding on the arms and you will get chance to appreciate the scenery! There are various choices below enabling you to drift along the calm and peaceful lakes Britain’s countryside or along the coast searching out hidden caves and secret bays!
You will be taught how to control the raft or kayak and what to do in the event of it capsizing. Regarding rafting, you will also learn how to react to and follow orders given by the instructor when out on the rapids.
These activities normally last around two to three hours depending on package and location.
Are spectators welcome
Most venues allow spectators to watch however views may be restricted the further you travel once on the water.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
Both rafting and kayaking can be affected by severe conditions. Please contact the venue prior to departing for your experience when in doubt.
All man made rapid activities can be cancelled at short notice due to local authorities. If you have booked a venue that uses man made rapids, please contact the venue a day or two before to check your experience will go ahead. If not it will be rearranged for another day.
Max weight limits apply, normally between fifteen and sixteen stone.
Age limits also apply and can vary dependent on activity and location. Under eighteens may need to be joined by a paying adult.
Rafting activities will include up to eight others in the raft once out on the water. If you have purchased an experience for one or two people then other participants will take the other places. Kayaking is normally one person per kayak, although others will be present on the day. Some kayaks may be designed for two people, and again if you have bought an activity for one then another participant will take the other place.
Please note for rafting glasses are not permitted due to the nature of the activity. Contact lenses are allowed however must be worn at your own risk in case lost.
Although no experience is required, all participants must be confident in the water, in good health and able to climb and fit into the rafts and kayaks. Buoyancy aids will be provided.
You must take your own swimwear, towels and a change of dry clothes.
Rafting activities usually begin at the start of the spring season until late autumn. They may not be suitable for anyone who has suffered skeletal or respiratory problems or who are pregnant.
Best Seller- Learn the basic white water rafting techniques in this thrilling two to three hour session.
- Go though the basic techniques on land, then get fully kitted up before heading onto the water.
- An expert guide will be present in the six to eight capacity boat. Expect to get very wet! Locations:
Wales: Clwyd - Llangolen, Scotland: Lothian - Perth, Midlands: Northamptonshire - Northampton
Best Seller- Experience the adrenaline of rafting whilst admiring some stunning scenery (chance permitted!).
- Tackle natural rapids in either the Welsh valleys or Scottish Highlands.
- This experience will last two to three hours. Take water proofs and a change of warm, dry clothes! Locations:
Gwynedd - Bala, Perthshire - Pitlochry
- Enjoy private use of the raft for up to eight people on a hair raising natural river!
- This two hour session includes expert tuition and plenty of twists and sudden drops along the way!
- If you get chance you can admire some of the stunning scenery you are likely to pass! Locations:
Scotland: Aberfeldy - Perth and Kinross, Wales: Bala - Gwynedd
- This is a great team building exercise or group activity!
- Take up to eight people and tackle some adrenaline packed rapids!
- Depending on location you will experience either man-made or natural rapids. Both challenging but great fun! Locations:
Gwynedd - Bala, Northamptonshire - Northampton
- An expert tutor will teach you the basics of this fun and relaxed sport.
- Drift down the South West coast and take in the stunning views.
- This experience lasts the whole day (9am to 4pm). Minimum age required is 10 years. Locations:
Cornwall (South West) - Holywell Bay
- Enjoy the thrill and action packed excitement of white water rafting!
- Whilst being challenging and requiring serious teamwork, it is extremely good fun!
- Depending on venue you will tackle natural or man-made rapids. Locations:
Durham - Stockton-on-Tees, Gwynedd - Bala, Northamptonshire - Northampton, Perthshire - Pitlochry
- Explore sea caves and hidden bays on the Pempbrokeshire coastline in your one-man kayak.
- Your day involves a full safety briefing, tuition and equipment before hitting the water.
- Minimum age of 8 years. Take swimwear, a towel, hat and change of warm clothes with you. Locations:
St David's, Pembrokeshire
- Learn various safety aspects and techniques on handling your kayak.
- Glide across the water in your one man boat and admire Britain's beautiful countryside.
- This adventure is great for beginners. Bring your own swimwear, change of clothes and towel. Locations:
Northampton, Northamptonshire, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- Start the day meeting you instructor and your partner for your two man inflatable raft.
- Once kitted up in all required equipment you will practice on some calm waters.
- Once ready tackle some ferocious rapids! Minimum age for this activity os 16 years. Locations:
Gwynedd - Bala
- Receive expert tuition on how to steer and handle a kayak on open water.
- Learn theory, safety aspects and what to do if you capsize amongst other skills required for the assessment.
- This British Canoe Union course is a great way to begin this exciting and fun sport. Locations:
Bristol - Avon, Gwynedd - Bala, Somerset - Nr. Weston-Super-Mare, Warwickshire - Leamington Spa
- Enjoy an exciting white water rafting adventure on cutting-edge man-made rapids!
- Designed to be demanding yet thrilling and great fun, don't expect to stay dry!
- This five hour activity will allow to to raft up to five times on the day with expert guidance. Locations:
Durham - Stockton-on-Tees, Northamptonshire - Northampton
- This kayaking experience is practical for all abilities and can be tailored to suit.
- Steer your kayak along the lake, down the river or on the coast, its up to you!
- Start off on dry land before hitting the water. Surf, white water and flat water options are all available. Locations:
Bristol - Avon, Cornwall - Falmouth, East Sussex - East Grinsted, Gloucestershire - Tewkesbury, Gwynedd - Bala, Hampshire - Beaulieu, Somerset - Nr. Weston-Super-Mare, Warwickshire - Leamington Spa, West Midlands - Birmingham