8 Results Found
Try Scuba Diving in the UK!
Scuba diving is one of those things in life that you just have to try; many people who have provided feedback say it is a life changing experience. You may be learning in a swimming pool nonetheless with over 70% of the world covered in water there will be plenty of places to explore afterwards. Just imagine all the different marine life, wreckages, and amazing photos and memories that various diving expeditions will give you the opportunity to enjoy once you have the knowledge and confidence.
The normal diving lesson will cover safety, breathing and diving techniques and explanation of breathing apparatus and other equipment outside of the pool, followed by some underwater practice with expert tuition on hand to guide you.
Following this, your wetsuit and equipment will be provided and you will be shown how to equip yourself before entering the shallow end of the pool allowing you to get use to the equipment along with how to manoeuvre once in water.
As your confidence and skills progress, you will venture further into the deep end for some underwater swimming and breathing action.
Following your training, you may receive a certificate that can contribute towards a PADI Open Water Certification if you wish to take your training further.
The time spent in the water depends on the venue however; it is normally between forty-five and ninety minutes. Any briefs and training out of the pool normally lasts approximately thirty minutes. Standard time at all venues is around two to three hours.
Are spectators welcome
Spectators may or may not be allowed depending on the venue. Some venues do have viewing area and facilities for spectators. Please consult the venue when making your booking.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
These experiences are not weather dependent however, we do advise you check with the venue when making your booking. If this is the case and the conditions are bad on the day of your experience, we advise you to ring the venue again and check the availability.
Minimum age restrictions apply and vary from ten to fifteen years. All under eighteens will need to be in the company of a paying adult.
Although no previous scuba diving experience is required, you must be a confident swimmer and in good health. Due to the breathing apparatus and being underwater, anyone who suffers with asthma, claustrophobia, diabetes or any breathing or heart difficulties may need to seek medical advice.
Although all scuba gear and apparatus will be provided, you will need to take a swimming costume and towel. It is also advisable to take a t-shirt to wear under the apparatus to make it more comfortable.
Unless otherwise stated these scuba diving lessons will be group instructed.
We Recommend- This is a great intructory session to scuba diving skills, techniques and equipment.
- Learn how to breath underwater in a confined swimming pool area.
- A professional PADI instructor will be with you every step of the way. Locations:
Berkshire - Bracknell, Berkshire - Crowthorne, Buckinghamshire - Amersham, Derbyshire - Derby, Essex - Basildon, Hornchurch or Loughton, Hampshire - Farnborough, Lancashire - Fleetwood, Leicestershire - Leicester, Middlesex - Sough, Monmouthshire - C
- Enjoy a tuition in scuba diving for up to a family of four in controlled swimming pool conditions.
- Qualified instructors will teach you how to get to grips with weightlessness and breathe underwater.
- Under 10's take a gift home. All time can count towards a PADI Open Water Diving Co Locations:
Scotland: Aberdeen (Aberdeen City), East: Suffolk (Ipswich), West Midlands: Solihull, South East: London (Chiswick)
- Discover underwater weightlessness and breathing techniques whilst kitted out in full scuba diving gear.
- A qualified PADI instructor will show you how to apply the and use the apparatus and move around underwater.
- Activity takes place in the evening on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Satur Locations:
South East: Hertfordshire (Hertford)
- This is a great opportunity to experience the thrill and fun of scuba diving!
- Begin with a discussion on theory and equipment then spend approx. one hour in a swimming pool.
- A qualified instructor will be there to guide you. Just bring a towel and swimming costume. Locations:
South East: Norfolk (Norwich)
- Learn the basics of scuba diving in a purpose built pool designed for training.
- Includes a brief audio / visual presentation before getting kitted out and heading to the pool.
- Whole activity lasts around two hours with ninety minutes spent in the pool. Locations:
South East: Sufolk (Ipswich)
- Discover the basics of this popular underwater sport in a heated swimming pool.
- Experience weightlessness underwater as you learn about breathing and equipment.
- Total activity lasts around two hours with one hour spent in the pool. Locations:
South East: Essex (Loughton)
- Enjoy a fantastic taster session to the thrilling world of scuba diving!
- Discover safety aspects, breathing techniques and underwater mobility.
- Under the guidance of a qualified PADI instructor, this two hour session takes place in a swimming pool. Locations:
Midlands: Derbyshire (Derby, Ilkeston), Nottinghamshire (Nottingham)
- Learn the basics of scuba equipment and diving in a confined water area.
- Tuition will be given by a qualified PADI instructor.
- Children must be able to swim and minumum ten years old. Locations: