Other Driving Experiences
23 Results Found
Unusual Driving Experiences!
Alternatively, maybe you have always wondered how these HGV drivers manage to steer or manoeuvre their vehicles. Now you get the chance to find out yourself in the driving seat of a 400 plus bhp artic lorry. Not quite as easy as swinging your little, two door hatchback round with power steering!
If you fancy something that may actually teach you something as well as being good fun, try a skid control experience. These vehicles have been altered to demonstrate various skidding scenarios on different surfaces and teach you how to handle the vehicle if the situation ever occurs.
All activities will begin with an overview of what to expect during the day. This will normally involve a classroom brief with other participants and cover all aspects such as safety, vehicle handling techniques and introductions to staff and instructors.
Depending on the itinerary of your activity, it will then be time for some hands on driving or passenger driving! The majority of the activities also include a commemorative certificate to take home to remember the experience (not that you will need a certificate to remember it!).
So what type of crazy activities can you enjoy? How does a tank driving experience sound? These activities allow you to manoeuvre up to four extremely heavy vehicles across all kinds of terrain, allowing an abundance of drive time behind the wheel (or controls!). Absolutely nothing will stand in your way! The vehicles include various sizes from fun and agile quad bikes, to the not so agile Chieftain tanks! Some of these activities do not just involve vehicles and driving, they include some hands on SAS style training and weapons training, making them the ultimate gift for him!
Why not try some JCB racing, they cannot quite match the speeds of supercars or racing cars, nonetheless they are not designed for speed, but for moving various heavy materials around instead. Although these activities involve using these eight-tonne machines for their actual purpose with a variety of games, there is also the opportunity to race them against other participants. Whilst driving at 20mph might not seem exciting, it is a little different in eight-tonnes of steel!
If you would rather handle a conventional vehicle (such as a car!), try a skid experience. Not only are these great fun, you never know they might one day safe your life. Discover how to handle cars on various slippery surfaces and what to do in the likely event of losing control.
Alternatively, try stunt car racing. You do not even require a licence for these activities (although it is recommended you know how to drive!).
This varies greatly in the activity chosen. Many of the activities involve driving different vehicles at the different stages of the day. You should expect to spend a number of hours at the venue to allow for all safety briefings, vehicle changes and availability as other participants will be present on the day hence there will be a period of during before each event.
Are spectators welcome
Spectators are welcome however; some of these activities and venues charge an additional cost. This cost normally covers extras such as free passenger rides, lunch, programmes or souvenirs. Most venues have onsite facilities and provide refreshments. Contact the retailer direct for further details or the venue direct at time of booking once you have received your experience voucher.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
In extremely poor conditions (ice, snow, wind or rain), as the majority of these activities are outdoor they may be cancelled. We advise ringing up the venue prior to your activity if unsure. Any cancellations can normally be rescheduled there and then.
Minimum age, height and weight restrictions will apply across all the below activities. They are all dependent on the type of experience and venue chosen. Please visit the retailer for further information.
For all skid activities, minimum age is either eighteen or twenty-one, thus a full driving licence must be held for minimum twelve months to three years and must be presented at the event.
Tank and stunt driving minimum age requirements vary from twelve to sixteen years and do not normally require a driving licence.
JCB and stock car driving have a minimum age of between seventeen and eighteen years. Again, a full valid driving licence must be presented on the day.
New Experiences- Take the wheel of a true British legendary car!
- Enjoy a full six miles of this all time classic!
- Leave with great memories and certificate to show off to friends. Locations:
Oxfordshire - Bicester
- Experience 0 to 60 mph in just 1.5 seconds in these super loud and exhilarating vehicles!
- Hit speeds of up to 130 mph in either a famour Grumpy's Dodge or Chevy Vega Pick-up!
- Complete the 1/4 mile track in only ten seconds and receive a certificate through the post. Locations:
Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Wellingborough
- Enjoy a Tiger Moth flying lesson, armoured personnel vehicle drive, and a Dragon Rapide sightseeing flight.
- Tour the aircraft collection at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford.
- Enjoy tea and biscuits in the control tower, lunch in pilots briefing room and a glass of champagne! Locations:
Cambridgeshire (South East) - Duxford
- Perform high speed car chases and shoot outs (with lasers!) just like in the movies!
- Perform J turns, wheelies and much more in this adrenaline packed adventure!
- No driving licence required, just the ability to drive a car! Spectators can watch for a 10 pound fee (includes lunch). Locations:
Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Northampton
- Start off with 2 instructor driven demonstration laps in a Mini Cooper S on the 2.4 mile circuit.
- Then its your turn to take the wheel for 4 high speed laps before a final professional passenger ride!
- Test your handling ability on a oil and water skid track. Locations:
West Sussex (South East) - Goodwood
- Drive minimum three incredibly super sized vehicles across 100 acres of purpose built circuits.
- Dip in and out of huge holes and drive over cars, you even get the chance to fire some artillery!
- Event will last approx 4 hours. Spectators welcome for a 15 pound fee (includes two vehicl Locations:
Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Brackley
- Experience the thrill of stock car racing on a professional circuit.
- Compete in an F2 stock car for a trophy, race a Reliant Robin, and drive Capri Bangers off road!
- No driving licence required, just the ability to drive a car! Spectators welcome for a fee (includes refreshments). Locations:
Northamptonshire - Northampton
- Experience driving four different military vehicles which could include a Snowcat, Ferret Scout Car or Alvis Stalwart.
- Various briefings will take place throughout the day and refreshments will be available.
- Voucher valid for ten months. Up to twenty-four participants may be present. Locations:
Avon (South West) - Bristol
- Drive a genuine F2 stock car against fellow competitors all competing for a trophy!
- Drive a Sierra off road, race a Reliant Robin and drive blindfolder with a partner to guide you!
- Includes refreshments. Spectators charged 10 pounds entrance fee which includes lunch. Locations:
Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Northampton
- Stop the car infront in a high speed shoot out with laser weaponry!
- Perform handbrake turns, drive two cars on top of each other, drive on two wheels and more!
- Receive a certificate and trophy if awarded best driver! Spectators welcome at 10 pound charge (includes lunch and programme Locations:
Northamptonshire - Northampton
- Enjoy three and a half driving which includes an armoured personnel carrier, quad bike and Chieftan tank!
- Refreshments are available next to a wood fire lit in cold and wet conditions.
- Certificate is awared after the event. Spectators are allowed at a 10 pounds fee which includes tea Locations:
Hampshire (South East) - Romsey
- Experience real motor racing in 1300cc stock cars including two heat rounds and championship final!
- Compete at various stages (depending on how you progress!) with the eventual winner receiving a trophy!
- All participants receive a programme including their name printed within. No dri Locations:
West Midlands (Midlands) - Birmingham