15 Results Found
Scenic UK Sightseeing Flights!
Fly over Manchester pointing out the famous football stadiums and other landmarks, or Liverpool and grasp just how close to one another the competing teams stadiums actually are. Alternatively take a journey above Loch and Ben Lomond and see the fields William Wallace bravely thought on many years ago. If you want to add a little more excitement to the event, choose a helicopter sightseeing flight and get the added buzz of a rapid and vertical take-off!
As with the majority of flying experiences, all activities begin with a group safety briefing. You will then climb aboard a plane or helicopter with other passengers on board, although there are options for private family tours available.
Prices vary from under £100 up to over £400 and depend on the aircraft chosen, location and duration of flight, which can range from fifteen minutes up to an hour. You get to see quite a lot in a short space of time when you are in an elevated position!
Flight time depends on package chosen and runs from take-off to landing. Expect to spend an additional thirty minutes up to an hour at the venue.
Are spectators welcome
Spectators are normally permitted to watch take-off and landing.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
Yes. You will be advised at time of booking activity to call back either morning or day prior to your experience to check on weather conditions and flights. Your flight will be re-booked if cancelled due to weather.
Photographic identification is sometimes required for security reasons on the day of these activities, passports are ideal. More information will be included with your voucher or requested when you book your activity.
Other passengers may be on board these sightseeing flights.
- Head along the Thames 1500ft in the air in a classic Dragon Rapide biplane.
- Look down on some breathtaking views over London, just don't forget the camera!
- Entry to the Imperial War Museum is included for a little bit of aviation history. Locations:
- Head along the Thames (from above!) in a private Diamond DA42 or Piper Seneca plane.
- Admire the famous buildingsof London such as Buckingham Palace and The Tower Bridge.
- Flight is exclusively for you and three friends or family (at least one must be 18). Flight time 30 minutes. Locations:
- Depart from Denham Aerodrome and head along the River Thames gazing down on London from 1000ft!
- Admire some vintage and famous landmarks from above including Kew Gardens and Tower Bridge.
- Voucher is valid for nine months and flight time lasts forty minutes. Locations:
South East: Middlesex (Denham Aerodrome)
- Enjoy a fantastic thirty minute plane flight over London with a friend or loved one.
- Share the awesome birds-eye views as you follow the Thames looking down on the famous sights.
- Vouchers are valid for ten months on selected weekends only. Locations:
East: Essex (Stapleford Tawney)
- Experience the delight of middle England with a delightful helicopter tour!
- Look down on the rolling dales and breathtaking countryside from Turville Village to the Chiltern Ridge.
- Flight time lasts approx. 30 to 60 minutes in a 2.4 million pound VIP chopper! Locations:
Greater London: Uxbridge
- Begin with a quick briefing and welcoming before your 45 minute flight.
- Look down on the wonderful city of York and the famous sights from Emmerdale Farm!
- Voucher is valid for nine months and flight takes place in a Bell 206 Jet Ranger. Locations:
North East: North Yorkshire (York - Breighton)
- Climb aboard a four seater twin engine helicopter and follow the River Thames.
- Look down on famous sights such as the O2 Arena and HMS Belfast.
- Flight lasts approx. thirty minutes. Other passengers will be onboard. Locations:
Essex - Stapleford Tawney
- This tour starts with a brief welcoming before your thirty minute flight starts.
- Look down on Budleigh's red cliffs as you cruise above the Otter River and over the Riveria and Torbay.
- Arrive back through the Exe estuary to Dunkeswell. Voucher valid for nine months. Locations:
South West: Devon (Exeter - Dunkeswell)
- Enjoy a stunning and exhilarating thirty minute helicopter flight.
- Don't forget the camera as you get the chance to look down on some outstanding views and landmarks.
- Voucher is valid for nine months and flights take place once per month on weekends only. Locations:
- This 30 minute flight will follow the Dambusters training route along Derwent Valley.
- Gaze down upon some remarkable countryside aboard a Bell 206 Jet Ranger helicopter.
- Voucher valid for nine months. Other paying passengers will be present. Locations:
North East: South Yorkshire (Sheffield)
- This thirty minute tour will take you from the Iron Bridge to Clee Hills.
- Admire everything the Severn Valley can offer from breathtaking 1000ft high views.
- Don't forget the camera! Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
Midlands: West Midlands (Wolverhampton)
- This twenty minute helicopter tour will let you enjoy a bird's-eye view over the city of Manchester.
- Get a completely new perspective of the city looking down on Old Trafford, HM Prison and the Etihad Stadium.
- Voucher valid for nine months and tours available once a month from March Locations:
North West: Greater Manchester (Barton)