24 Results Found
Magical Microlight Flying!
Incredible easy to manoeuvre, your qualified CAA instructor will handle the take-off and landing procedures leaving you the enjoyment of roaming the open skies and admiring the surroundings as you gently float along at fifty to sixty miles per hour speeds.
As with other UK flying experiences, the time spent in the air can normally count towards a professional licence. The beauty of microlight flying in general as well as the cost of acquiring a licence is that it is usually a lot cheap than a conventional plane or helicopter due to the size of the aircraft.
Once heights of approximately 2000ft are reached, the pilot will demonstrate the controls before usually giving you the option to either try flying the aircraft yourself or just sit back and enjoy the flight and the views.
Flight time is dependent on price and package chosen and will start from take-off to landing. You should expect to spend longer at the venue to include time for pre and post flight briefings and to wait your turn in the aircraft (this is dependent on location and number of participants on the day).
Are spectators welcome
There are normally no restrictions on spectators being allowed to watch the take-off and landing. Specially designated areas are sometimes available to watch the plane in the air from the ground at certain venues.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
Flights are weather dependent. When you ring up to book at your chosen venue you will normally be advised to call the morning of your activity to check the conditions and the flight schedule. If cancelled it will be rearranged for a later date.
Some microflight planes consist of open cockpits so we advise you to wear warm clothing. Sunglasses are also advised, as the sun will be much brighter above the clouds.
No previous flying experience is required and your time spent in the air can count towards a Private Pilot’s Licence.
The flight path and microflght aircraft used will vary depending on package and location chosen.
- Fly a two seater light aircraft (Cessna 152 or Piper PA28) under supervision from a qualified pilot.
- Experience true freedom whilst looking down on beautiful landscapes below.
- Flight time can count towards a private pilots licence. Locations:
- Flying one of these quirkly little aircrafts is a truly thrilling experience!
- At the pilots discretion, take the controls or just sit back and admire the surroundings.
- Average 60 minute flight time (weather dependant) can count towards a private pilots licence. Locations:
Lincoln - Lincolnshire, Scone - Perthshire, Hornchurch - Essex, Lancaster - Lancashire
- Experience pure freedom and relaxation with breathtaking panoramic views!
- After a quick briefing take to the skies and if ready, take control of the aircraft.
- Flight time depends on weather conditions (average one hour). Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
South East - Cambridgeshire (Conington, Ely); Northern Ireland - County Armagh (Portadown); North - Derbyshire (Ashbourne), East Riding of Yorkshire (Leven), Lancashire (Lancaster), North Yorksire (York); South West - Devon (Umberleigh); Midlands -
- Enjoy thirty minutes flight time in a small aircraft with the option to handle the controls.
- Includes free entry to the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, home of classic aviation.
- Flight time depends on weather conditions and can count towards a private pilots licence. Locations:
- Microlight flying combines adrenaline, thrills, relaxation and breathtaking views in one.
- Enjoy sensational panoramic views in these quirky little lightweight aircrafts.
- Take the controls or just chill out and admire the 360 degree scenery. Locations:
Cambridgeshire - Ely or Peterborough, Devon - Honiton, East Riding - Hull, Essex - Upminster, Hampshire - Micheldever, Lancashire - Lancaster, Lincolnshire - Langworth, Northamptonshire - Sywell, Northumberland - Felton, South Yorkshire - Belton, Sur
- Enjoy thirty minutes flight time in a light two or four seater aircraft.
- Take the controls under professional guidance. Flight time can count towards a private pilot licence.
- Flight time is weather dependant. Locations:
Peterborough - Cambridgeshire, Lincoln - Lincolnshire, Romford - Essex, Christchurch - Dorset, Brackley - Northamptonshire, Hertford - Hertfordshire, Shoreham Airport - West Sussex, Retford - Nottinghamshire, Swansea - Wales, Umberleigh - Devon, Darl
- Discover the exhilarating speed and manoeuvrability of these tiny and lightweight flying machines!
- Take the controls under the guidance of qualified pilots.
- Flight time lasts around 20 to 30 mins weather dependant. Can count towards a microlight pilots licence. Locations:
Lincoln - Lincolnshire, Sandy - Bedfordshire, Hornchurch - Essex, Scone - Perthshire, Umberleigh - Devon, Lancaster - Lancashire
- Begin with a full safety meeting and introduction to controls and handling.
- Enjoy 30 to 40 minutes flight time and take control of this unique flying machine!
- Voucher valid for nine months and flight time is weather dependant. Locations:
- Experience microlight flying under the guidance of approved CAA and BMAA instructors.
- Flight time can count towards total flying hours required for pilots licence.
- Time in air is weather dependant (average 20 to 30 mins). Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
Wiltshire (South West) - Swindon
- Soar through the skies in these tiny, and ofter scary versatile aircrafts!
- Handle the controls or just sit back and admire the views below.
- Average flight time of 20-30 minutes depending on conditions. Locations:
Bedfordshire (South East) - Sandy; Cambridgeshire (South East) - Conington or Ely; County Armagh (Northern Ireland) - Portadown; Derbyshire (North) - Ashbourne; Devon (South West) - Umberleigh; East Riding of Yorkshire (North) - Leven; Herefordshire
- Following take-off have a go at controlling this fascinating aircraft yourself.
- If you don't fancy it no problem, just sit back and admire the views!
- Flight time is an average twenty to thirty minutes. Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
East - Bedfordshire (Sandy), Cambridgeshire (Conington,Ely), Midlands - Derbyshire (Ashbourne - Darley Moor Airfield), North East - East Yorkshire (Leven), North Yorkshire (York), North West - Lancashire (Lancaster), Northern Ireland - County Armagh
- Sit back and enjoy some breathtaking views in these delightfully small aircrafts.
- Handle the controls or just watch the countryside drift by below.
- Average thirty minutes flight time weather dependant. Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
Derbyshire (North) - Ashbourne