Hot Air Ballooning
8 Results Found
Happy Hot Air Balloon Rides!
Standing in a basket that reaches waist height surround by 360-degree breath-taking views is a fantastic experience, made even better by the roar of the gas burner as it comes on periodically to keep the balloon inflated. You never quite realise how big the balloon is (and needs to be to keep you afloat) until you are standing right underneath it and looking up into it! It makes you feel very small in your tiny wicker basket.
There will normally be other people present in the basket with you; however, these activities make great ideas for milestone birthdays. There are options available to enjoy a flight with just the two of you (and pilot of course), making it also a great idea for any romantic occasion! Please consider that any champagne options are normally served back on safe and solid ground after the event and not during the flight itself.
Whoever goes up will certainly not want to come down!!
Whichever time you choose the activity will begin with a brief group introduction on safety inside the basket, following this you and your group will be driven to the launch site to help prepare the balloon for take-off. Then you will all climb in and ascend for a magical sightseeing journey!
Once your flight time ends, the pilot will begin to release the gas from the balloon for a slow and gentle landing. Once on the ground you and your group will help pack the balloon away, then depending on package chosen it will be time to toast the activity with a glass of bubbly before transportation back to the venue.
Flight time normally lasts around forty-five minutes to one hour depending on weather conditions, however you can expect to be at the venue for up to four hours (includes brief, preparing, inflating balloon, deflating and packing and transportation to and from launch and landing sites).
Are spectators welcome
Spectators are welcome to watch from the launch site.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
Flights can be cancelled at short notice due to unsuitable weather conditions. All venues will advise you to ring up the day or morning before your experience when booking to check if your flight will go ahead. If cancelled, another date will be arranged.
There are several venues throughout the UK to enjoy ballooning, meaning it is normally within convenient reach for the mojirty of people.
It is advisable to wear warm clothing on the day as the temperature can be quite cool at such heights, it is also recommended to wear a hat to protect your head from the heat produced by the gas burner. Sensible footwear is also advised due to the fact the launch and landing sites may be located in fields (which may be muddy depending on time of year).
Our recommendation is to book these activities well in advance once you have received your voucher as dates can quickly become fully booked due to the popularity of these experiences.
There will normally be approximately eight to sixteen people present in the balloon excluding the pilot.
“ My husband had been wanting to try ballooning quite some time so I treated him for his 40th birthday. He absolutely loved it! He was so excited in the build-up to and after the event, he wouldn’t stop talking about it. My only regret is I should have gone and enjoyed it with him! ”
“ This was a fantastic experience, something I will remember for a long time. Everybody helped inflate the balloon and were all very friendly. The pilot was good fun as well. The views were just beautiful, the weather was awesome and the service including booking. ”
Best Seller- Admire some stunning scenery in a luxury hot air balloon.
- Start with a full briefing then assist in preparing the balloon before the hour flight.
- Enjoy a champagne toast and receive a signed Richard Branson certificate. Locations:
We Recommend- Help inflate the balloon, then climb in and enjoy an hours peace and tranquillity !
- Take some fantastic pictures of the rolling hills and hedgerows below.
- Sip a champagne toast and receive a signed by Richard Branson certificate. Locations:
- Enjoy breathtaking 360 degree views 3000ft up with just the two of you and the pilot!
- A great way to spend a romantic occasion, toast it with a glass of champagne upon landing.
- Help pack the balloon away afterwards and leave with a flight certificate. Locations:
Maidstone - Kent, Chelmsford - Essex, Milton Keynes - Buckinghamshire, Bath - Somerset, Norwich - Norfolk, Launceston - Cornwall, Northampton - Northamptonshire, Bristol - Bristol City, Usk Valley - Monmouthshire, Exeter - Devon
- Enjoy an hours flying with amazing panoramic views exclusive to just the two of you (and pilot!).
- A perfect way to make a special or romantic occasion, soak up the stuning scenery and pure peace.
- Voucher is valid for ten months and flights take place on weekdays only between March an Locations:
Avon (South West) - Bath, Avon (South West) - Bristol, East Sussex (South East) - Buxted, Essex (South East) - Braintree, Gloucestershire (South West) - Daglingworth, Hampshire (South East) - Basingstoke, Kent (South East) - Tunbridge Wells, Northumb
- Start off by assisting in preparing the balloon for flight and finish off with a glass of champagne.
- Inbetween enjoy an hours flight of pure peace and tranquillity admiring stunning views below.
- This experience is only available during weekdays and other guests will be present. Locations:
- Prepare the balloon together and with other guests before taking to the skies.
- The event begins at dawn and lasts round four hours with an hours flight time.
- Voucher is valid for Ten months Monday to Friday only. Locations:
- Admire familiar landmarks but at a completely new perspective!
- Help prepare the balloon for flight (whole event lasts around three and a half hourse).
- Drift above the clouds and take some stunning pictures! (Flight time lasts around one hour). Locations:
- This experience will start with you helping prepare the balloon before enjoying an hours flight.
- Toast the flight along with other participants in the air with a glass of champagne.
- Flight can be booked any day of the week between March 1st and October 31st. Locations: