30 Results Found
Rally Driving Experience Days!
The event will normally kick off with a quick group safety briefing and discussion on various safety and vehicle handling techniques before a few laps with the instructor driving to get used to the circuit, then it’s time to swap over for some hands on action. Some activities allow you to try different rally vehicles across different terrain to understand and learn how cars handle differently on different surfaces and may include an individual driving assessment on your own performance from a professional at the end. If you want to compare your driving to a professional’s, choose an option with high-speed instructor driven passenger lap included to learn how it’s done properly!
Before you get the opportunity to get behind the wheel, instructor driven demonstration laps may be performed with you and other participants in the vehicle at a steady pace to allow you to get used to the circuit and understand the general layout.
The amount of time you get to spend behind the wheel is dependent on package chosen. There are introduction packages available allowing you to enjoy twenty minutes behind the wheel, to half day experiences. Most options include a certificate presentation at the end of the activity.
At the higher end of the scale, there are packages available to test out various different rally cars across multiple terrains such as gravel, dirt and tarmac. Each terrain and vehicle gives a unique experience. Different packages even include different themes, such as timed laps and race against the clock, with award ceremonies for the winners on the day. Other options also include various mixed rally driving and supercar activities, whereas some include high-speed passenger rides with a professional showing you the right way to do it!
There are numerous vehicles available dependent on package chosen, from the powerful four-wheel drive Subaru Impreza to the rear-wheel drive Escort RS2000. All cars include full rally specs such as roll bars, intercoms and double seatbelts.
There are various locations up and down the country where you can enjoy rally driving, all with purpose built circuits allowing you to get the most out of the cars and drive them how they were designed to be driven!
Drive time can be anywhere from twenty minutes to over an hour, and can also be split across various stages. This is dependent on activity chosen, number of laps and vehicles included in package etc. Please allow for longer at the venue to cover briefings, tuition and waiting time, (other participants will be present hence, you will have to wait your turn behind the wheel).
Are spectators welcome
Spectators are normally allowed free of charge. Some venues may charge a small fee however, whereas others allow free or discounted passenger rides and other experiences on the day.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
Adverse weather conditions can affect whether these activities go ahead. If in doubt, we advise to ring up the venue and check prior to departing.
Normally all time spent behind the wheel involves just you and your instructor; however at certain venues other participants may be present to allow swapping over of the driver.
Normal age restriction of seventeen years applies however; this can be up to twenty-one years at some venues. A full driving licence must be provided on the day and depending on age restriction (18 or over)may need to have been held for on to three years.
Unless stated, vehicle may vary on day depending on venue and availability.
What a fantastic day! Thrashing a Impreza round the track was great fun. I held back at first until my instructor told me not to worry, as the car is put through a lot worse! I had six adrenaline-filled laps that I won’t forget in a hurry. Great gift, I thank my girlfriend and highly recommend to others!
We Recommend- This extended course includes an intensive lesson in rally driving before hitting the multi-surface track.
- Includes two sessions of driving (up to 1 hour 15 minutes), a session on the multi-surface stage, 4 timed laps and a passenger ride.
- Lunch is also included. Voucher valid for te Locations:
North Yorkshire (North) - Seaton Ross
Best Seller- Experience two totally different yet equally thrilling driving experiences!
- Push a Ferrari to its limits around a track before testing out a Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza or prepared rally car.
- Go home with a certificate and great memories! Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
Midlands: Leicestershire (Loughborough - Prestwold Hall), Staffordshire (Seighford), South East: Oxfordshire (Chipping Norton - Enstone)
- Choose from one of six different super cars for four laps of high speed track driving (includes Ferrari and Lamborghini).
- Drive a Mistsubishi Evo, Impreza WRX and group N rally car on three different stages (tarmac, gravel and rally).
- Each take home an individual driving certificate. Locations:
Leicestershire (Midlands) - Prestwold Hall
- Enjoy half a day testing out a Subaru Impreza WRX Sti followed by half a day in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo!
- Learn various rally driving techniques and skills across six different sessions on a challenging off road course.
- Voucher valid for ten months. Full driving licence needs to be pr Locations:
Lincolnshire (Midlands) - Grantham, Oxfordshire (South West) - Chipping Norton, West Yorkshire (North) - Bradford
- Start of with a discussion of safety and driving techniques before a practice lap followed by some more intense driving.
- Includes two sessions with the instructors encouraging you to throw the car about before an 'against the clock' lap!
- Finish off with an instructor driven passenger Locations:
Gloucestershire (South West) - Cirencester
- Experience two demonstration laps in a high performance sports car. Then choose two of a choice of supercars for your own four laps!
- Follow this with a rally demonstration lap before handling a Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Evo on a rally and tarmac stage.
- Finally drive a Group N rally c Locations:
Leicestershire (Midlands) - Prestwold Hall
- Begin with a demonstration lap before driving a Surbaru WRX, Mitsubishi Evolution and Group N rally car!
- Drive twice on 3 different stages - tarmac stage, rally stage and gravel stage. Finish off with a eyes closing passenger ride.
- Includes individual driving skill assessment and cer Locations:
Midlands: Leicestershire (Loughborough - Prestwold Hall)
- Enjoy a 5 mile passenger demonstration lap. Drive a Mitsubishi Evo on tarmac and N rally car on loose gravel.
- Drive 2 different super cars both for 7 miles (choose from a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche, Nissan GTR or Audi R8).
- Voucher valid for nine months. Full driving Locations:
Midlands: Leicestershire (Loughborough - Prestwold Hall, Staffordshire (Seighford), South East: Oxfordshire (Chipping Norton - Enstone)
- Think you can handle the power of a turbo charged Impreza WRX, experiencing ultimate power traction!
- Learn handbrake turns and powerslides amongst other techniques before a full speed professional passenger ride.
- Go home with a certificate and 'driver of the day' trophy if your the b Locations:
Buckinghamshire - Worminghall, Oxfordshire - Great Tew, Shropshire - Whitchurch, Worcestershire - Honeybourne
- Start the event with a safety briefing and discussions on general driving techniques and how to handle the car.
- Put what you have learnt into practice following a familiarisation lap and finish with a full speed passenger ride.
- Your driving skills will be assessed before a de-brief a Locations:
Fife (Scotland) - Knockhill Racing Circuit, Leicestershire (Midlands) - Prestwold Hall, Lincolnshire (Midlands) - Louth, North Yorkshire (North) - Seaton Ross
- Enjoy testing out a two-litre Group N Sierra on a purpose built off-track rally circuit at Knockhill.
- Receive one to one tuition on controlling the car, understeering and oversteering.
- Get your skills assessed before a professional shows you how its done with a competition speed pass Locations:
- Get behind the wheel of five different high performing cars during this half day activity.
- Vehicles are subject to availability nut normally include a Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus and Subaru.
- Minimum age is 19 years old. Will need to bring a full, minimum one year held drivi Locations:
North Yorkshire - Elvington, Oxfordshire - Great Tew