Off Road Driving
29 Results Found
Off Road Driving Experience!
Very rarely will you be on flat terrain, think gullies, pot holes so deep you’ll have to be careful not to bump your head on the roof, and ascends and descends so steep they are almost vertical hence will make you think it is impossible to negotiate them! Just try not to get yourself into too deep a puddle otherwise, you may have to get out and push!
If a standard 4x4 is not your thing, you can try purpose built custom designed off road buggies, a lot smaller and faster and although not quite having the same capabilities they can handle much more than a flat tarmac circuit.
Next up it may be time for an instructor demonstration lap to get you used to the route you will be taking and the vehicle you will be driving, or depending on venue and activity chosen straight into some 4x4 driving.
All the routes and venues available are purpose built to make sure the day is exciting and adventurous as possible. The circuits are designed to be challenging and to enable you to get the most out of the vehicle you are driving. A professional instructor will be present at all times to provide you will tips and guidance along the way.
Off-road driving can be enjoyed at numerous venues and locations across the country, and there are several packages available to suit all budgets. Choose from taster sessions, to half day or even full day experiences. The full day experiences offer more driving time behind the wheel as well as more in-depth driving tuition.
There are also several vehicle options to choose from. Including standard 4x4’s such as Land Rover Discoveries, to monster trucks, tanks and purpose built off-road terrain buggies! Some options allow you to try out numerous vehicles on the day.
Duration depends on activity chosen. There are taster sessions which allow around fifteen minutes’ drive time, to half and full day sessions allowing up to two hours’ drive time. Expect to spend longer at the venue to allow for class briefs. The half-day and full day experiences may also include some more intensive tuition and theory.
Are spectators welcome
Spectators are welcome along and some venues have specific viewpoints along the track, however as the circuit is off road, viewing can sometimes be difficult. Most venues also include catering facilities. Some packages (normally half or full day) allow you to take up to two spectators in the vehicle with you.
Are these experiences weather dependent?
In the unlikely event of extreme weather conditions (the worse the weather the more fun off road driving is!) then cancellation is possible. We recommend you call your chosen venue beforehand to confirm if in doubt. If cancelled, your activity will be rearranged accordingly.
Minimum age restrictions may apply and is usually seventeen or eighteen years depending on package and venue chosen; it can be up to twenty-three years however. Contact the retailer for more details.
Unless specified, there may be other paying participants in your vehicle during your allocated drive, as well as the instructor. This is so you and other guests can take it in turns behind the wheel. This however allows you to enjoy a passenger ride at the same time!
Also unless specified, the type of off road vehicle can vary on venue chosen and availability on the day.
You will be required to show a full and valid driving licence at the event. Some venues (normally the more prestigious ones) state that you may need a licence held for minimum twelve months up to three years to be able to drive.
Best Seller- Receive a brief group tuition on handling techniques of a powerful four wheel drive.
- Time for some hands on driving over some difficult terrain with a qualified instructor.
- Allow up to three hours for activity. May take turns driving with other participants sharing vehicle. Locations:
Avon - Bristol, Cumbria - Penrith, Hampshire - Andover, Bedfordshire - Luton, Hertfordshire - Markyate, Welwyn Garden City, Ireland - Wicklow, Lincolnshire - Louth, Stamford, Merseyside - Prescot (entrance fee to Safari Park for spectators), Northant
Best Seller- Test your driving skills on specially designed course build to be extremely challenging.
- Steep gradients, sharp angle turns and waist-high swamps are just some of the things to expect.
- Spend fifty minutes behind the wheel of a Land Rover Defender! Locations:
Kent (South East) - Brands Hatch Circuit
- Drive at least four extremely large vehicles including a Armoured Personnel Carrier and Nuclear Missile Launcher!
- Learn about different weaponry from old to new, try clay shooting and learn survival skills.
- The ultimate boys day out! Includes refreshments and a hot lunch. Locations:
Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Brackley
- The ultimate boys toys gift for him! Drive four huge military style vehicles across acres of purpose built terrain!
- Drive a 50 plus ton tank, an amphipious truck, fire a musket and 17th century mortar!
- Full day activity. Spectators are charged 30 pounds which includes lunch, refreshm Locations:
Northamptonshire (Midlands) - Brackley
- Start off with a safety briefing and tea or coffee from a qualified instructor.
- Spend at least 80 minutes driving a Land Rover Discovery, Defender or Range Rover Sport.
- Drive these vehicles how they are meant to be driven! Lunch is also included. Locations:
Skipton - North Yorkshire, Market Harborough - Leicestershire, Honiton - Devon, Ledbury - Herefordshire, Luton - Bedfordshire
- Off road driving takes more skill than you might expect, if you don't believe us, try it yourself!
- This activity lets you handle a standard 4x4, a modified fully caged Landrover, then a purpose built 4x4 trails buggie!
- Experience lasts around two and half hours. Max three people in e Locations:
West Sussex - East Grinstead
- Experience the art and astonishment of off road driving on some extremely difficult terrain.
- Start off with a briefing on techniques, a demonstration lap, then get behind the wheel.
- Drive time is around forty-five minutes each. One other person will be present (plus instructor). Locations:
Cumbria - Penrith, Hampshire - Tangley, Kent - West Malling, London - Northolt, Rutland - Greetham, Stirlingshire - Cambusbarron, Swansea - Pontardawe, Warwickshire - Shipston-on-Stour, Wrexham - Wrexham, Yorkshire - Ferrybridge
- Enjoy a full day learning how to handle a 4x4 with a passenger lap included.
- Begin with some easier terrain before moving onto two more challenging courses.
- Includes a pub lunch! Please note three other drivers will be present in vehicle. Locations:
South East: Oxfordshire (Chipping Norton - Great Tew)
- Get behind the wheel of a powerful jeep or Landrover negotiating some extremely challenging terrain!
- Complimentary tea and coffee is available whilst the instructor briefs you pre driving.
- This experience is one to one with just you and the instructor. Voucher valid for ten months. Locations:
Berkshire (South West) - Reading
- Enjoy one to one tuition with a qualified instructor on how to handle a powerful 4x4.
- Tackle or purpose built challenging course and expects steep inclines, declines and waist height water!
- Enjoy two hours forty minutes drive time. Spectators are welcome. Locations:
Berkshire - Reading
- Enjoy various driving adventures including quad biking, 4 wheel driving and Apache off-road racing.
- Start of with tea and coffee before learning theory and saftey followed by demonstrations.
- 4x4 vehicle will be shared with up to three others and groups of eight will take turns on day Locations:
Kent - West Malling
- Tackle everything mother nature can throw at you, climb still hills, negotiate ditches and descend declines that deem impossible!
- A qualified instructor will be present to provide advice and techniques how to get the most out of the vehicle.
- Voucher valid for ten months. Time in 4x4 Locations:
Midlands: Leicestershire (Rutland - Greetham), Lincolnshire (Louth - Manby), Nottinghamshire (Sherwood Forest), North East: North Yorkshire (Thirsk), West Yorkshire (Ferrybridge), North West: Cheshire (Crewe), Cumbria (Penrith), Scotland: Perthshire,